Toilet Roll Owl Craft
– Owl Always Love You!
I’ve had so much fun today with Miss 6 and 4 and this gorgeous little toilet roll owl craft. We started making them a few days ago, but both my Little Misses soaked their toilet rolls with so much watery paint that they were hardly standing up let alone ready to glue anything to! But here they are, ready for Valentine’s Day: Owl always love you!
This simple toilet roll owl craft was made a lot quicker because I had a little circular die cutter (pictured below) – without that I don’t think we’d have gone for circular ’feathers’ – but then, I think they’d look just as cute with any alternative.
What you need:
– A toilet roll; glue; a pair of scissors; a stack of paper (this could be old magazine pages, paint sampler strips, wrapping paper, christmas cards, serviettes… whatever you have to hand); and any other little embellishments you want to use (here we used small buttons and felt flowers)
How to make the toilet roll owls:
1) Bend down one end of the toilet roll to shape the head. Then paint them (really, only the back and the top of the head needs painting, the rest gets covered in paper circles – the feathers).
2) Cut out a heart to use for the feet, large ovals for the wings, circles for the feathers, larger circles for the eyes and smaller ones for the iris; a little triangle for the beak.
3) When your toilet roll has dried a bit, start with attaching the feet; then cover the owls tummy with glue (about 2/3 of the toilet roll) and start sticking on the circular feathers.
4) When the circular feathers are in place, glue on the wings; the eye balls and the iris.
5) Lastly, attach any embellishments you have; bend forward the feet and stand your little owl up 🙂
Miss 6 wrote little notes on some extra circular feather cut outs and glued them to the owls tummy or back.
Step by step instructions:
…And Miss 6’s infatuation with owls has everything to do with the beautiful handcrafted cushion my talented friend Bec @BecandBoo made for her.