My kids love these Apple Cinnamon Flapjacks. They’re quick and easy to make, have a light airy texture and the small pieces of apple keep them juicy for days.
Flapjacks are a great less-mess option for Mr 1 too who’s more than content to sit with a whole flapjack and rip off pieces for himself. I like to make a huge batch and freeze in any left-overs available then for whenever we need them.
To make 8 Apple Cinnamon Flapjacks you’ll need:
– 150g (5 oz /1 cup /2 1/3 dl) self raising flour
If you don’t have self-raising flour the alternative is to use the same amount of all-purpose flour and add 1 1/4 tsp baking powder.
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 large apple (or 2 small apples)
– 2-3 tbsp cinnamon
– 185ml (3/4 cup/ 6 fl oz) milk
– 1 egg
– A little rapeseed oil for the pan
1. Peal (optional), core, and chop up the apples
2. Sprinkle generously with cinnamon
3. In a separate bowl beat the egg…
4. Then add the milk.
5. Sift the flour and salt over the apples (I like to add an extra tbsp cinnamon here too)
6. Make a well in the centre of the flour…
7. And pour in the milk mixture
8. Stir to form a smooth batter. Cover and set aside for 20 minutes.
9. Dollop about 4 tbsp of flapjack mixture into a lightly oiled frying pan
10. Cook until bubbles appear over the surface…
11. And the bottom is golden
12. Flip over and cook until golden. The flapjacks can be wrapped in a clean towel and covered to keep them hot.
Hi, i'm Steph, blogger and mama to three. When I'm not writing about family life and food, I'm passionate about social media strategies, entrepreneurship, chocolate and church.
Grab a coffee and dig in wherever you fancy. Welcome!
Today we fly to US!! Grandma & grandpa at home with our three oldest little ones and baby with us 😅💪 ...Turns out we DIDN’T need to be here 3 hours before our 6am flight... Since that bit’s only to Copenhagen 😳🙄😴😴 ... See MoreSee Less