Chocolate Banoffee Crêpes with a Kick of Coffee
If you’re looking for a luxury crêpe, you need look no further: Fresh whipped cream; banana; a perfectly smooth, rich, chocolate toffee sauce; and a little extra kick of coffee for good measure. A perfect desert or mid-day treat …And a great coffee tinted batter tip for a ’wake me up’ breakfast too.
Coffee Tinted Chocolate Banoffee Crêpes
For the Crêpes
(Makes approximately 12)
– 2 eggs
– 160g (3 dl/ 1 1/4 cup) plain flour
– A pinch of salt
– 400ml (4dl / 1 3/4 cups) milk
– 100ml (1dl/ 1/2 cup) coffee
– 2 tbsp sunflower oil
– sunflower oil for cooking
The basic method is outlined in the pictures below, but except for the addition of coffee this crêpe recipe is directly from my friend Mel over at LeCoinDeMel – you can find her instructions here.
For the Chocolate Toffee Sauce
– 1 tin caramelised condensed milk
– 75g (2 1/2 oz) milk chocolate
– 4 tbsp whipping cream
1) Melt the milk chocolate.
2) Empty the caramelised condensed milk into a pan, add the melted chocolate and cream, and whisk over a low heat until the sauce is smooth.
– 200 ml (2 dl/ 1 cup) whipped cream
– 3 medium-large bananas
– Chocolate coated coffee beans (optional extra)
Banoffee = Banana & Toffee; Check out my No Bake, No Fail Banoffee Pie recipe here.
In the UK we serve pancakes once a year; in Sweden, every thursday – I’ll just leave you with that thought! Chocolate Banoffee Crêpes, for whenever you want to eat them <3.