Perfect Mint Chocolate Microwave Fudge
Continuing to make fudge this way almost feels like cheating! But I can’t get over how ridiculously simple it is and the results speak for themselves; the consistency is absolute perfection. Exactly the resistance you want, to know you’re biting into a delicious piece of fudge with just the amount of ’melt in your mouth’ factor to know you nailed it!
We’ve gone a little fudge crazy over here. But when it only takes 5-8 minutes in the microwave and you’ve whipped up a batch… Who wouldn’t? You can even freeze it! …Yes, I’ve checked. When your fridge is literally bursting with fudge, there comes a point you need to think about alternative storage solutions. And what about the sheer convenience of having chocolate fudge ready in your freezer for any impromptu dinner party …Or date night – not that those have been so frequent lately!
Mint Chocolate Fudge
1 tin (395g /14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
400g chocolate (14 oz)
10 drops peppermint essence
1. Line a 20 x 20 cm baking dish with baking paper or greaseproof paper (8 x 8 inch).
1. Empty the tin of sweetened condensed milk into a microwavable container (with a lid) – preferably at least 1.25 L/ 1 1/4 quart.
2. Break up the chocolate and add it to the condensed milk – don’t stir.
3. Microwave on full effect for 1 1/2 minutes, then stir.
4. Microwave on full effect for another 1 1/2 minutes, then stir.
5. Microwave for an additional three minutes, stirring every minute.
(So 6 minutes in the microwave in total)
After the fifth minute, you should notice that the texture has changed slightly. The fudge starts to get bubbles around the edges, and thicken, it should get almost a mousse like consistency. Once you stir through, it will be smooth again, and you can put it back in the microwave for that last minute.
Note! Depending on your microwave, your fudge may reach this ’bubbly mousse’ consistency earlier or later. Whenever it happens – you only need one more minute once you’ve stirred it through. And keep an eye on the lid during the last minute. During this time the mix will rise considerably, if you notice the lid about to be knocked off, take it out and stir it through, then you can put it back again for the remaining time.
6. Add 10 drops of peppermint essence, and stir until it’s thoroughly mixed.
7. Pour the fudge into the pre-prepared baking dish, cover and cool in the fridge.
8. After a couple of hours (or overnight) you can lift the baking paper and fudge out of the tray and use a sharp knife to cut it into 36 pieces.
…Perfect Mint Chocolate Microwave Fudge – Voila!
There really are no limits to the number of variations you can do with this recipe, whatever the chocolate you choose, whatever the extras. Perfect microwave chocolate fudge in minutes!
What’s your favorite fudge?