Salted Dark Chocolate Liquorice Fudge – 4 ingredients, ridiculously easy and supremely delicious.
Typing whilst ’tasting’… The perfect way to blog a recipe!
”All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt”
– Charles M. Schulz
Salted Dark Chocolate Liquorice Fudge
1 tin (395g /14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
400g dark chocolate (14 oz)
2 1/2 tbsp liquorice powder
1. Line a 20 x 20 cm baking dish with baking paper or greaseproof paper (8 x 8 inch).
1. Empty the tin of sweetened condensed milk into a microwavable container.
2. Break up the dark chocolate and add it to the condensed milk together with a good pinch of sea salt
– Don’t stir in the chocolate.
3. Microwave on full effect for 1 1/2 minutes, then stir.
4. Microwave on full effect for another 1 1/2 minutes, then stir.
5. Microwave for an additional three minutes, stirring every minute.
(So 6 minutes in the microwave in total)
After the sixth minute, you might notice that the texture has changed slightly. A few bubbles around the edges – this is totally fine (but not essential – don’t worry if there are none). Continue to stir until it is once again smooth.
6. Add the 2 1/2 tbsp liquorice powder, and stir until it’s thoroughly combined.
7. Pour the fudge into the pre-prepared baking dish, and cool in the fridge.
8. After about 15-20 minutes crush two large pinches of sea salt over the fudge.
9. After a couple of hours you can lift the baking paper and fudge out of the tray and use a sharp knife to cut it into 36 pieces.
Salted Dark Chocolate Liquorice Fudge – delicious as a little treat after dinner; mid-morning; mid-day… And a perfect present for somebody special.